Saturday, June 18, 2011

Going to God




It aint rocket science.  And it's still eye opening even though I already know the 'truth'.  And the truth hurts.  After reading the first 25 or so pages of Thin Again I've realized how little I go to God for comfort and how often I go to food.  I've used food as a substitute in intimacy instead of God.  *ouch*   I don't allow myself to feel the hurt of the past, the hurts of the present and even the worries of the future, but I stuff it down and medicate with food, numbing the pain.  I think about the thousands of times where God could have comforted me, had I let Him, and how many precious moments I have missed with him.  My heart breaks for what could have been.  On the flip side, I know that my time and experience is not wasted.  God can take even these circumstances and turn the tables.  Even in the midst of the ruins, God STILL offers hope, love and a way out.  That is just so God.  He never leaves us in the mess to stay and grovel but gently and lovingly lifts us out.  Praise the Lord for God's love and mercy.  God always offers and gives hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment